Q. What is web hosting?
Every website you see on the internet must have a hosting provider. Without hosting, there can be no websites. Hosting companies like Envision Web Host provide a safe place for you to store all the files, code, images, video, and functionality that represent your website. You hold all these files on servers similar to your computer’s hard drive. When someone clicks on your domain name, it takes them to where your files are and displays your website.
Q. What is shared web hosting?
Shared hosting is the most popular method of hosting in the world. Shared hosting represents 37% of the world’s hosting services. It is what it sounds like; you share space with other website owners.
Price – It is less expensive to purchase shared hosting.
Shared hosting provides services that are more than enough for most websites. Even many e-Commerce sites do just fine with shared hosting packages.
All the customers share all the resources. If customers utilize a lot of bandwidth (streaming data), it can cause slower websites.
Q. Does WordPress require web hosting?
Yes, your WordPress files are like all other files and must be stored on a server with a live domain name.
Q. Why do I need a website for my business?
Websites can be a significant boost to your business and can promote and generate sales. A well-designed website is essential in this modern era. They are a marketing tool that can advertise your business 24/7/365.
Q. How does Envision Web Host help small business owners succeed?
Number one, we know how busy you are and how valuable your time is. When you ask a question or need a solution, we work quickly to solve it.
- We strive to answer all your questions as promptly as possible.
- There are several ways to find answers to your questions.
- Fast ticketing service. When you submit a ticket to our staff, we provide an answer as quickly as possible.
- Our Help Desk will provide a central location for help with many of your questions.
- We have a knowledge base that provides answers to general web hosting questions.
- FAQ provides answers to many common questions.
Q. Why do I need a professional email?
You have one chance to make an excellent first impression.
As an example, let’s say you own doggiedash.com. But your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. The email@example.com email address does not reflect your business at all. When you email your customers, they will not know who it is or what company it is. You will receive a negative or no response to your email campaigns.
Instead, you should have an email address that represents your business. A positive example is firstname.lastname@example.org. When you display your email address professionally, customers immediately know who it is. It is also a great way to display and promote your
Q. Why should I transfer my domain, website, or web hosting to Envision Web Host?
- It is much easier to control all the aspects of your website when everything is under one roof.
- You won’t need to go to several places if you want to change or add services to your account.
- You can manage your DNS (Domain Name System) through your cPanel account.
- Creating professional email addresses can all be controlled through one cPanel.
- Lastly, if your domain is with another hosting company, we cannot offer you any help with DNS problems.
Q. How can I transfer my domain to Envision Web Host?
Please refer to this link for how to transfer a domain name. HOW TO TRANSFER MY DOMAIN NAME
Q. What is WordPress?
- WordPress is free, open-source software. Open source means that a group of Non-profit professional developers work on WordPress daily. By doing this, they make it accessible and available to anyone.
- Its most outstanding features are the following.
- No coding experience is necessary to use WordPress.
- It comes with a content management system, and you are ready to go if you are a blogger.
- Plugins create the potential for increased functionality. By using plugins, you can save time and reduce development costs.
Q. What Is MariaDB?
MariaDB is an open-source relational database management system that is a compatible drop-in replacement for the widely used MySQL database technology. It was created as a software fork of MySQL by developers who played vital roles in building the original database; they devised MariaDB in 2009 in response to Oracle Corp.’s acquisition of MySQL.
- Supports a more extensive open-source code
- Switching to MariaDB is a simple task.
- MariaDB supports more storage engines compared to MySQL.
- Faster Speed, updates, and Performance
- Offers Great stability with no DDL operations
- It can offer support to more than 200,000 connections in the Enterprise Edition.
- Galera’s built-in technology reduces client latencies, and its execution is better than MySQL’s.
Q. What happens if I exceed my limits?
You will receive an email that informs you that your storage and bandwidth are close to their limits. All you need to do is upgrade to the next plan, and you are covered.
Q. What is a dedicated IP address?
A dedicated IP address is separate from a shared IP address. By having a dedicated IP address, you still share the same server but are not affected by other customers’ websites. If another customer’s website is up to shenanigans and google punishes them, you will not be involved or penalized in any way.
1. What is the difference between .com, .net, .org?
Each TLD (Top Level Domain) has a general meaning.
.com = Commercial (for-profit) websites
.net = Network-related domains
.org = Non-profit organizations
Using a domain that best describes your business would be best. The most common are .com, .net.
Q. How do domain registrations work?
A domain name does much more than naming your business. Domain names define the location of your business on the server. There are millions of websites, all of which need specific identification to find their files. People like words and computers like numbers. So the domain name system translates your name to a number called an IP address. The IP address is issued by your hosting provider and is something a computer can understand.
When someone clicks on your domain name, it is immediately translated into your numerical address. And the search goes on to find the specific location of your website. Once found it displays your website. All this in seconds.
The primary domain name should have the following.
- Easy to remember
- Easy to spell
Don’t forget you can also secure similar names. As an example, let’s say you get the domain name, mybusiness.com. You can also get mybusiness.net, mybusiness.org, mybusiness.club, and so on. That way, you are covered. You can learn more on the domain page.
You can register a domain by first searching the name’s availability. If the name is available, you will receive congratulations, click the add to cart button, and complete your purchase.
Q. What are premium domains?
A premium domain name is a high-quality domain that investors often buy and sell with the aim of making a profit. These names have a variety of qualities that allow them to outperform others in the critical function of a domain, helping users find the website they’re looking for.
Q. Can I register more than one domain for my website?
You can purchase multiple domains and park them in your account. Parking is a way to store domain names that are not associated with a website.
Q. How can I set up my professional email using my domain?
Please refer to this link for a step-by-step tutorial on the following link on how to set up your professional email.